time. I know, let’s see whether this new faster, better, WordPress.com Mac app lives up to its promise. How best to use this unexpected time? Catch up on the last 10 Profhacker blog pieces that sit on my RSS feed? Here are five of them:
- When technology changes on you? Seems germane.
- Slowing down and learning about “deep listening”? First I should close my door since too many of my colleagues lecture loudly with open doors. Second, I should also turn off my twitter feed that tempts me with messages from some of my favorite thought leaders. I am easily distracted yet try to avoid using technology to reduce distractions and undermine my self-control.
- Hints for teaching a large online course. Germane to a Task Force I am on exploring the viability of online courses—-perhaps at a graduate level— at my institution.
- Making a WordPress Site Multi-lingual: One of my goals for next semester is to engage in more global outreach.
- Exploring “gamification“: I’m still somewhat chary of moving in this direction